Hi guys! I realized yesterday, after making dinner, that I owe you guys sooo many recipes so I'm going way back with bringing you this Easy Pesto Chicken Lasagna Roll one. I made this while I was pregnant with Vivi and I have to say, it was SO easy to make. Granted, I did turn the recipe that I found for it into a more semi-homemade dish. Let me just say that I did have the best intentions of making my own pesto sauce, but I remembered while grocery shopping that our food processor is broken (womp womp), so I had to scratch that idea. BUT, I'm happy to say that the fresh pesto sauce from Whole Foods is delicious and worked perfectly in this dish.
More recipes are coming, I promise! But in the meantime, enjoy this one, it's definitely one to add to your weekly rotation!
Recipe slightly adapted from Baked By Rachel.
16oz. package of Lasagna noodles
1lb. Chicken Breast, trimmed
Pesto sauce (I used Whole Foods' fresh pesto sauce found in their cheese section)
15oz. Ricotta Cheese
3 Tbsp. grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
1 cup tomato sauce (I used Bertolli's Olive Oil & Garlic Tomato Sauce)
1/2c - 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil 10-14 lasagna noodles as directed on the packaging.
- Cook chicken breast to your desired method. I chose to oven bake it at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. I also pounded the chicken to ensure that it cooks evenly and quickly. If you're really in a pinch for time, I'd say get a rotisserie chicken instead of cooking the chicken breast.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, parmesan cheese, salt, & pepper.
- Drain the lasagna noodles.
- Spread some of the tomato sauce on the bottom of your rectangular dish, just enough to coat.
- Now to create the rollups, spread about 1tbsp of pesto sauce on a lasagna noodle followed by the ricotta mixture and then the shredded chicken. Then roll the noodle and place it in the baking dish.
- Keep repeating the above until you've filled the dish. I had enough ingredients to fill a 13"x9" rectangular dish and half a 12"x12" glass dish. It just all depends on how filled you want these rolls.
- Cover the rolls with the tomato sauce and then top it with the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.