Holiday Wish List: Mamas & Mamas-To-BeFriday, December 14, 2012
This post is dedicated to all of my friends who have become new moms this year. Especially to my sister-in-law, who had her baby girl, Lillian, this past Wednesday on 12/12/12!
I've come to realize in these past seven months since Cora was born that you can plan as much as you'd like for the arrival of your baby, but you really have no idea what your day-to-day life will be like when they do arrive. Questions such as "is the diaper bag really functional or is it all about form?" or "aren't there any cute nursing tops out there??" pop up but these are things that you just don't know for sure until the baby comes. Well, I have been able to answer some of these questions for myself since Cora came into our lives, and I've come up with this wish list from my personal experience. I hope that I've explained myself well, so that you understand where I'm coming from.
1. Valencia Crocheted Carryall in Sunflower: This would make a great diaper bag/purse for the warmer months, especially because it's slightly smaller than my current one. Who says you need a "diaper bag" to work as one?
2. Leather Tassel Clutch: I picked this little number up in hot pink at Gap the other day for $20! It's a great way for me to house all of my credit cards, makeup, and hair accessories and just toss it in the diaper bag. Plus, the color and size makes it easy to find in my cavernous diaper bag. They don't offer the one I picked up online, but if you check your local Gap store, I bet they still have it on sale.
3. Pom Pom Solid Scarf in Cream and Lavender: Stay warm and chic with this perfectly polished scarf.
4. & 13. Signature Screws Tortoise Bangle & Signature Studs Calf Hair Skinny Cuff: Bracelets really make me feel like my look is complete and these are my new obsession from C.Wonder.
5. The Marjories Green Onyx Studs: I have been obsessed with the color emerald for as long as I can remember and it's fitting that it's the 2013 Pantone color of the year. Plus at almost an inch long, these make a statement with any outfit even if you are just in your comfies.
6. Monogram Stroller Blanket: Keep your little one warm with this personalized blanket. Lots of colors and fonts to choose from too!
7. Bagatelle Buttondown: I love me a good horse print and with this being a buttondown, it's a no-brainer. Easy to nurse in and is right on trend.
8. Boyshirt in Neon Gingham: I have this already and want them in all of the other colors. It makes staying chic and nursing anywhere easy-peasy.
9. Lana Petite Signet Ring: I would love to have this ring with Victoria's monogram on it. And when she's old enough, I'd gift it to her.
10. & 11. Jaisalmer Headband & Beaded Bow Headband: I desperately need these types of headbands for those days I just don't want to fight with my hair and still look cute.
12. Kaleidoscope Floral Drop Earrings: For those days that you just need a little pop of color to freshen up your outfit. Plus, these aren't too long so you don't need to worry about little fingers trying to grab them.